Friday, November 12, 2010

Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good...

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and his love endures....

     I can't believe that thanksgiving is right around the corner!! It seem like just yesterday we were all seated at the big table, with family seated all around it. It seemed like just yesterday that the lights were turned off as the candles flickered, as we all dug into the yummy food, that yummy hot turkey, the sweet cranberry sauce, the mashed potatoes...the warm bread, ohhhhh, the memories that Thanksgiving brings, the joy it brings! But WAIT! Stop! What is Thanksgiving all about??? I know all the food is good...but its really a time to give thanks! Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and his love endures FOREVER! Boy, do we have a lot to be thankful for!Remember the pilgrims and Squanto? Thanksgiving wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them stopping and being thankful! So lets stop and remember things that we are thankful for...and then thanks God....
Here are just a couple things I'm thankful for, (in no order!) out of the millions of things I could say....
1.) God
2.) Family
3.)Church
4.) Friends
5.)MUSIC!
6.)SPORTS!
7.) Education
8.) being able to worship freely
9.) The Bible
10.) FOOD!  =)

What are 10 things your thankful for???

2 comments:

Christina Barnts said...

Ten things I am thankful for are -

My sweet Jesus
The Bible to guide me every day !
James
Trevor
My families
Church
Friends
Being able worship freely
Food
Sleep : )

Stephanie said...

I'm thankful for soo much, but here are 10 things:

Jesus
Church family
Family
Friends
Freedom
God's grace
Health
Our home
Living in America
Education